Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karinia DuLey
Unused

re: Discussion: Blizzcon 2017.

What we do know is that during the prequel quests, we will see some story. This is a good idea for me, I wanted some progression in racial storylines. Best bit about the Dark Iron, seeing how the Council of 3 Hammers has evolved since MoP.

We also know that Alliance will get to witness part of the Nightborne's entrance to the Horde, which makes me think that the Alliance will force the Nightborne to the Horde's side. No news on the Highmountain.

And while we cry about fighting our neutral races from Legion, remember the Horde are also becoming enemies with a faction they fought alongside with (AotL).

Well said to be honest and I really like your insight into the Mayla =/= Baine possible relationship. It's one i'd love to see them link in game as these two young rulers who took the reins after tragic fates of their fathers. I must have missed the Shal'dorei and Horde sympathies dotted around but you're right even that aside the Kaldorei are just coming to grips with the Highborne, where the Shaldorei are a step on from that again putting them more in line with the Blood Elves. If they have Liadrin in their allegiance quests I think that would be great, blood knights can begin to understand the kind of struggle they have been through while the Alliance may be more judgmental and restricting on their culture. 

I don't plan to play any apart from Dark Irons and Zandalari to be honest. It seems odd that the Highmountain and Shal'dorei will be seen as attacking the Alliance now mind. They will likely just pull it out as they need help and that help came from the enemies of the Alliance. 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Karinia DuLey
Unused

I actually understand most of the allied races and accept them.

Dark Iron - Quite obvious but I look forward to where they will come from and what politics changes to let them be playable.

Zand - Rather obvious considering the expansion.

Shal'dorei - These have always been more closely tied to the Blood Elves than Night Elves. Elisande notes this, Tyrande is clearly not as enthisastic about helping them as Liadrin is from their quest text and Silgryn talks with Liadrin aboard the Vindicaar about the Horde. This is a broken race and they need allies. One faction may force them to chose.

Highmountain - I find these more unlikely than Shal'dorei tbh. Obviously they aren't Alliance, but Highmountain has no faction storyline in it (unlike Suramar). However, Baine is a good spokesman for the Tauren and I can see him progressing as a character because him and Mayla are quite similar (both young new rulers) and might even see tauren babies in the future.

Lightforged - No brainer for me. Defeat the Legion, what are all of these Naaru empowered Draenei meant to do? Follow their Prophet.

Void Elves - For me, the question is why not High Elves. Out of all of them, I understand these the least but, I accept they exist and clearly would not join the Horde.

I have no plans to play allied races, but one thing I wanted from this expansion was more race specific storylines. They may not be orders, but every race has the potential to create some progress in stagnant existing races storylines. The ones I most look forward to are dwarves and tauren myself.

I'm not blown away by the races they have chosen to add to either faction minus the dark irons and zandalari. However how they have said it will pave way for more allied races in the future could be promising. Can't help but think the shal'dorei, void elves, lightforged draenei and highmountain tauren are shaky. 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Felha
Ambassador

Not to mention the new races and more customisation options for old ones...!

Chaplain-Dreadnought Armand Titus, The Last Stand on Khymara Ellipsis.

Karinia DuLey
Unused

Very initial thoughts:

Classic, don't care but it might drag away some of the annoying wow players.

BfA, what I kind of wanted, a weakening of powerlevel, an exploration based expansion, both which feel perfect for RP.

Warcraft Classic. Battle for Azeroth. OMG. 

Carmtan
Commander

It's certainly the way I could see it going forth tbf. I'd love for them to update the questing system up to current content too. They can leave Northrend alone (though it does need some updating too) but the rest I have ran too much now getting all classes to higher levels and would be refreshing to see. 

Part of me expects since the release of WoW subs being once more at a record low that DLC's may overtake patches as a way to secure more profit. Part of me both expects and doubts a form of player housing too. Order halls have worked well at keeping the community together while also adding the class-based exclusiveness so I wouldn't mind seeing them going forward. 

Lorewise I am not expecting much, for the first time ever I am hoping Blizzard make some brand new lore characters as it seems the old ones stories they enjoy butchering x).  

Karinia DuLey
Unused

While I have to believe some of the hype of boats, sea, old gods, conflicts, subraces, I'm going to put forward the crazy ideas of either a brand new continent on the clouded side of Azeroth (not shown on the maps and hidden under clouds if you look from Argus) or a revisit of Northrend, using a new continent with portals to old NR (similar to Outland / Draenor)

I'd love the Order Halls to continue (maybe as boats?) but rather than classes as races. And I'm sure boats if it is an island theme will exist similar to the Vindicaar on Argus.

What do we predict? What do we want? How are you reacting to announcements inside of the convention? We want to hear it, this is the Warden place to be. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild IC Notice Board