Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karinia DuLey
Unused

re: Wardens as Hearthstone Cards: Season 3

Greetings friends, Gnome Brode here. You might be thinking, aren't you just Gnome Johnson? Well, easy mistake to make. We may greet the same, we may talk the same. We may even look the same - Shrinkmeister was based off of me, not him, but there is one thing he can never copy from me.

My laugh.

But enough about me, I heard you've created Hearthstone cards of guild members in the past, and I'm here to announce Season 3, in celebration of the new upcoming year of Hearthstone! And this time, we're going public!

To make designing cards easier for you, I've got a small guide to creation, then a small guide to some of the effects you could add on. Ultimately though, be creative!

Where to start, where to start. Of course, it's http://www.hearthcards.net/. Here, you'll need to type a name. Then a tribe, and your tribe should be Warden. Why? You'll find out soon. Or, if you're not a Warden, don't do that. Then we have a class, or neutral, if you don't like any of them.

Then we have M, A and H. M is your Mana Cost, if you're big, strong and dangerous, it better be high, but don't go over 10. A is your attack, Mortals in Hearthstone don't go over 7 attack, so you shouldn't either. H is your health.

Your rarity, well, as the Innkeeper always says (okay, every twenty packs...) Legendary! Then you have the hardest bit, the card text. Don't worry though, important keywrods mentioned below will be set to bold by default, amazing.

Lastly, find yourself in a picture. Jobs done. Create the card, then be sure to save it to your computer (suspension of disbelief man!), uploading to this website and make that reply post!

But Gnome Brode, my name is Sike and I'm clueless about Hearthstone. Well, keep things simply and have a look at some of what we call keywords:

Battlecry: Most common, does something when the minion comes into play, maybe deal damage or draw a card.

Deathrattle: It's like battlecry, but when you die. Like Battlecry, if you have a cheap mana cost but good stats, this could be a negative.

Draw X cards: Drawing cards is normally an intellectual pursuit, there's a reason Gnomish Inventor and Apprentice Engineer draw cards!

Discover: This is like creating a card out of thin air, another intellectual pursuit. But you can be more speciic here, what about...discover a Warden, or a spell?

Taunt: Now we're talking Gerrond's language. Ready to defend the line, then tank up!

Charge: Can't sit still for a turn, can't wait for order? Charge is normally expensive mana but sometimes you have to get stuck in!

Recruit: New for Kobolds, recruit pulls a minion from your deck into play. But you can be more specific, maybe recruit a low cost minion, or recruit or a Warden, or recruit the highest mana cost Warden? Amazingly powerful if you need help.

Stealth: Feel like being sneaky. I hope you do, cos stealth is for you.

Choose One: Exclusive for druids, choose one of two things.

Combo: Exclusive for rogues, if you've done something already, do something cool.

Enrage: You hurt, get mad. I mean, get really mad when you're damaged.

There are more keywords out there, but for now, I'll leave you with two I made earlier:

Embracing her hunting tactics, Karinia plans and waits accordingly. When the moment to strike comes, she goes for the kill then retreats again. Hunting is easier in packs, so with other Wardens, her chances to land a kill increase.

Best way to start combat? A bomb. After that though, her little legs can really let her down. Always the last to get into melee, so sad.

Mashira
Ambassador

I had a lot of fun making these, so here we go!

To begin with here's

Always there to defend his allies when they need him, even if he isn't the brightest of the bunch. You'll never find him without his trusty spear and buckler. And no, he doesn't have charge. Mainly because he actually listens to orders when Gerrond says 'We just want to talk'.

Then here's Sike. He's been through a lot of changes over the years, so let's get going.

...Well this isn't Sike. But good god isn't she threatening! Hopefully you'll be able to free Sike from her grasp!

Ah, here he is. Now you've freed him let's see how he fares.

...Oh dear me.

Perhaps if we get him his horse back?

Aha! A happy ending after all.

Now, after that debacle I've got the Warden that will probably cause more of them (if we do not count Mordoth, Steyen, Berynd, or at least 6 other Wardens).

Pretty simple. I mean, who do you think gets you all to these wacky locations? It's too bad she's been nerfed, really. 

Finally (and by finally I mean until I finish making the next lot of characters) we've got

Luckily, Berynd found him, so now he's calmed down and become

Still got a bit of that feral kick to him, but at least he's in control (most of the time). And if you're wondering where his last name is, you've not been paying attention to how many Worgen amnesiacs we have in our guild.

"Okay, rally caps. Personal life? Not strong. But I did beat up a HYDRA tentacle-monster-robot-thingie. So I got that going for me. Maybe I am getting the hang of this super-hero stuff. Sure my powers are a bit off, and I got into a fight in a sewer, but I'm totally--

It's right behind me, isn't it?" - Silk Volume 0
Mashira
Ambassador

re: Hearthstone Cards: Season 3

Just one more (for now).

The lovely Goblin lackey of Tilda from my Worgen Wayfarers event line. If I have time in the future, I may do a few more villains as cards. Maybe some Trolls. But for now, here is the amazing Nebels! That isn't to say that he is a villain... well... perhaps he is? Who really knows? I can tell you this much for sure: Nebels does not.

"Okay, rally caps. Personal life? Not strong. But I did beat up a HYDRA tentacle-monster-robot-thingie. So I got that going for me. Maybe I am getting the hang of this super-hero stuff. Sure my powers are a bit off, and I got into a fight in a sewer, but I'm totally--

It's right behind me, isn't it?" - Silk Volume 0
Steyen

Gouth/Thandrel
Warden

"I will not stand by and let those who are innocent be hurt. Elune's light will envelope and protect them all".

'As per all Night Elven Priests during his time, Thandreth had taken a vow of pacifity and peace when it came to handling most situations. This was unlike most situations. He raised his hands up to the stars and cried out for Elune's strength. She answered.'

'A mass of light blue light surrounded the young Night Elves hands. Lowering one, he crashed it down in the direction of the Inquisitor and it ceased to be'.

I felt bringing his signature move would be freshing.

'During one of his final encounters with Langstrom, a renewed Thandreth thought to himself, "That's funny. I could've swore I had killed you already. You're already dead. You're already dead."

Clearly, not all of the card art does not give a complete likeness to Thandreth, but I felt they were fitting. Additionally, these cards were simply for fun and may need to be tuned to see any real play!

Carmtan
Commander

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild IC Notice Board