Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Xarian Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karinia DuLey
Unused

re: Xarian Campaign Halted Until Further Notice

Following Monday's event I will be stopping the Xarian Campaign until some time in the future. It had not started in full swing yet and current circumstances have made me think delaying it's full start would beneficial.

I do intend to do it for those interested in the concept, but with the time it took to set up it did not manage to start when it was needed.

A large return in players has bought a large increase in storylines over the last week, when the XC concept was developed storylines were low in numbers. Not one to take the valuable time-slots needed for other events, considering how non-story driven mine is compared to others. With the flexibility, Gerrond and I already talked about missing certain weekly events due to other events. IC, it simply is not feasible for the Wardens to manage so many threats.

On top of this, I am still not available on Tuesdays for another month, attending Tuesday meetings was going to be a core part of the XC.

Lastly, ToS is being released which means for me, more raid times and more time developing tactics. All of these points have led to this decision. When more time becomes availble, I intend to restart it.

re: Xarian Campaign Halted Until Further Notice

While I put alot of planning into the Xarian Campaign, I do not feel it is the right storyline for the Wardens right now. I do not want to spoil ToS or 7.3, however events here have made me think the idea is just not viable at the moment.

The systems are fine, the enemies are the issue. With the Legion story moving forward, I feel something this large would not be suitable during this expansion.

I do however have a new idea, something (like XC) that is unique, original and unlike any storyline I have seen in the Wardens. While I do not intend to use the guild allies system, or mass open world style, there are certain aspects I will be making use of.

NPCs with character and emotions, who react to the Wardens. NPCs with relationships and attitudes. Combat will appear less often, but with more in depth emotes and systems when it does happen. Finally, the Wardens will get their own say on the events and decide how the story progresses.

Meanwhile, XC will remain in archive until a future expansion or idea allows it to flourish again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: