Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Xarian Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karinia DuLey
Unused

re: Xaria's Diary

It has been a long time since I have had time to write.

I was thinking recently about the names I have been given. What I have been called. How long has it been since Argus, since Xaria was all that I was called.

My leaders, my master, call me Strategist. A problem solver. Someone assigned to take care of things.If they need something doing, I know I am the one they can call on. Someone that maybe together, we could stop the unstoppable dark from claiming everything.

My equals, call me reviled. They look down on me, content to hate me. They call me traitor, someone who achieves the victories they cannot. Someone who follows order...not bound to the chaos they only know. Because I am willing to do anything for victory, they dispise me.

My foes, call me evil. They cannot see what lays beyond, what is coming. What must be stopped. By resisting me, they beckon the void to them. I cannot allow them, no matter who they, to side with the dark. I will destroy them by whatever means possible.

My forces, my followers. These are who I prefered to be called by. General. A leader, someone who has the job of protecting them, while they protect me. Together, we can achieve the victory we need.

Sent to worlds beyond worlds, faced with every disadvantage, they have stood by me. Worlds have fallen to us, to our Legion. We are aterall the forgotten. Given worlds to conquer too insignificant  for the power-hungry equals around me. Left alone, no reinforcements, no resources. Outnumbered.

This is where I, this is where we thrive though. I wondered later what name I would give to myself. Someone used to being outnumbered. Someone used to being underestimated.

Who am I?

I am all of these things. These things are what make me what I am.

I am Xaria.

Grilanan has fallen, and General Zamzalor has given us a new planet. I am not pleased. He says, because of the issues on Azeroth, he is unable to send a team to Grilanan and end the planet. Instead, I am to leave half of my forces here to hold the planet until he can arrive. Half of my forces, I am already stretched thin

The worse news is we do not have a new world to conquer. Instead, we shall assist on Azeroth. Not with the main force on the Broken Isles mind you. He wishes us to attack the rest of the planet and draw away as much of their military might as possible. He wants something big, something flashy I can only assume.

Myself, Valis and Harken all agree, attacking anywhere outside of the main Legion force on Azeroth is suicide. Zamzalor has finally decided it is time for us to perish, time for me to stop being a potential rival to him.

I have no interest in creating a grand explosion to draw away the military on Azeroth. I am not convinced it is the best method to assist my master. I will do what I have always done. I will use my brain, I will use what  little I have to build a base and whittle down the enemy forces. I still believe it is suicide, but our only hope of survival is for my master to end the lives of all mortals on Azeroth. I trusted him on Argus, I still trust him now.

Until he achieves the victory he craves, I will buy him as much time and energy as I can give. I do not do this for Zamzalor's glory, I do this for my master's will. If he wishes Azeroth to fall, then no matter the cost, I will do everything to make it so.

This will be my last entry from off of Azeroth. The Azeroth campaign will be like nothing I have ever done before. The result however, no matter my fate, must be the same however. The Darkness must not win.

It seems I have very quickly underestimated this new world. I suspected this world would be hard, afterall, the bulk of the legion here has made no progress. But in my hubris, I thought this world would need everything to battle back the endless tide of my kin.

It seems not. While testing our poisons on some of the prisoners, a few escaped. Kristoz apologiesed but I had faith all of my succubi would find the escapees. Now they have returned, having lost one of their number. It appears the last escapee ran into some militia force. She is dead but, so is Deena. To add to the pain, I have two injured, they are not fit to go into the field again until they recover.

I had already asked Valis to start finding a new base, I am unsatisfied with the one she has currently found. The portals off this world, back to Grilanan have been damaged beyond repair, making me unable to replace Deena. I have asked Valis to start looking for any succubi straglers around the world. They would not have the same skillset as Deena and the others but, they can be taught.

For now however, we must focus on a base. Finish what we need to do here and start setting up a place we can call home. If this entire world is a militia, we must be ready. That means no foolhardy moves by sending out the succubi. It seems this world needs strength to answer it.

Kristoz blames himself for Deena's death. The other succubi blame themselves. The fault is mine. I underestimated this Azeroth. I do not intend to do so again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: