Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Fel Iron Cells
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Carmtan
Commander

re: The Ashen Wake.

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Carmtan
Commander

re: Xorothian Xenos (The Final Piece).

You will see in the last post my fairly full plan for my event tonight. Well as always I have had a few days to look over it and I have decided it isn't personal enough. Too much is happening behind the scenes out of your control (you as the attendees). I don't like that, you need to feel responsible for whats going on and so here are the changes I am making. 

- I will find someone attending the event who is free 30mins before hand to help me introduce the event, I will also give a nice hat tip/IC reward to them being a part of it. The reason I want this is because I hate using my own characters or NPCs to call people to arms for an event. I want someone with me in the moment to experience whats about to go down, to be there when the curtain drops and to be the first to see alongside my character the threat that is at hand. 

- I mentioned there were deaths before hand, before the event occurs. I'm changing that. There will be deaths that occurred before hand but they themselves are going to play a much much larger part in the RP. So far though the Alliance civilians that have been effected by this threat have only been injured there is no death in the numbers of the Alliance yet. Why did I change this? Everything inside of spotlight events is meant to make you feel more connected to the story. If I say ten people have already died prior to the event starting - whats that to you? You weren't there. How can you possibly feel connected to the story if the deaths aren't something you can hope to prevent. So thats right. You won't be finding out the civilians are dead, you will literally be the shield thats protecting them. You now stand in the way of death and these innocent peoples. He has charged his way through several settlements, and now is on his way to a populated festival that is in memory of the people who died when Deathwing laid waste to Auberdine. 

This event is designed to either have a decent turn out or even as little as one. I never cancel an event based on turnout. The spotlight is on everyone no matter how many are able to make it. 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Carmtan
Commander

re: Xorothian Xenos 16/8/2017.

Xorothian Xenos is up for -this- Wednesday starting in Lor'Danel in Darkshore at 20:00 Realm Time. The main thing I will be covering in this post is pretty important as it's how you are going to know prior to the event starting IC that the Wardens are heading to Lor'Danel. It seems strange but allow me to explain.

The spotlight style for this event is timing, one on one combat and symbolism. Most of the threats we face we are playing catchup as the enemy has acted several days prior to our event occuring. We are usually investigating or looking for where they set up camp etc. Xorothian Xenos is different as in-character we won't know this is happening until less than an hours prior to the events start time. 

Ace'sedion (one of my Warden characters) and a Warden (who i'd like someone to volunteer for), is heading to Lor'Danel in Darkshore to meet a trading contact, a gnome engineer named Wizbang Cranktoggle. However when he arrives at Lor'Danel (half an hour before event time) he finds it has been charged through, several innocents who were inside the inn have been run through with barbed blades, a few sentinels who stood in the way were trampled and just outside the harbor town they burnt down a small refugee camp which had five remaining Auberdine refugees who opted to stay in the camping lifestyle as it placed them under direct protection from the Lor'Danel sentinels. Seven innocent civilians were killed, four sentinels and five of the refugee campers were burnt alive. 

It becomes apparent that several other camps, settlements and the like have been charged through prior to Lor'Danel, casualties rising with each. Ace'sedion sends out a broadcast to both Northern Kalimdor and central Eastern Kingdoms about whats happening and that a portal to Lor'Danel will be available at 19:55 (RT) in Ironforge. The event then begins at 20:00 RT and you will be half an hour behind the Xorothian Xenos, you will be following in their Ashen Wake. Simply head to Lor'Danel for 20:00, all of the things prior occur behind the scenes. 

If you wish to learn of the event in a different manner and have any ideas - please by all means contact me and we can work to get some variation behind the scenes about how you get to Lor'Danel and hear of the attacks. Variation is good so i'd love to get a few people in on that. Also if you want to volunteer and be the Warden that is with Ace when they discover the attacks - please contact me and we can set up a bit of prior event RP together at 19:30 RT. I don't want it to just be my character learning of this - I feel it more tasteful, inclusive and enjoyable to get someone else involved. 

Keep an eye on this thread over the next few days and have it up during the event as pictures of your enemy will be uploading here image.

Carmtan
Commander

Vengeance Valley (Borean Tundra).

The people here have seen more undeath than anyone should in a lifetime, can you blame them for being suspicious? None of it makes any sense, yet the threat musters in the central valley, amongst the ruins of the expedition. 

Now on the field of battle four forces move upon one another. This is a choice we have never truly had to deal with. To fight on three fronts, or to unite against common foes. For the Alliance. For Azeroth. For the Horde. 

We all have a choice to make in battle. I pray ours will be the right one, the just path - for the future of the tundra. 

Carmtan
Commander

Winter's Ward (Winterspring).

The thrill of the hunt! Yes, Winterspring is a pinnacle of survival tests. A true wild! A true challenge! The most fantastical beasts of the cold dwell in it's thick blankets of sheeted ice. Always territorial, always the predator but kept by the natural balance.

As you begin to hear of predators expanding their territories you start to realise - the humanoids who inhabit this icy region are only guests - they do not stand a chance. Savage hunting through the flocks of unsuspecting adventurers, hunters and surveyors is on the rise. 

Perhaps though, there is a reason. Perhaps there is a way. When myth and folklore become hope and reality. How will you fare in the hunt for the Ward of Winter itself?

Carmtan
Commander

Xorothian Xenos (The Peaceful Settlements of Kalimdor). 

Full of life, full of laughter. The very sky falls in shades of fiendish emerald and they still find the time to enjoy themselves. Perhaps what they said was true. That the will of Azeroth is it's stalwart defence, how else could they muster what they do to push our forces back? Behind the lines butchery, I'll enjoy this. It is time to break that will, and I will start with the ones they protect. 

Carmtan
Commander

Lawless Lane (Alterac Mountains, Hillsbrad Foothills and the Arathi Highlands). 

Greed, selfishness and villainy. That is what you will find within the snows of the old kingdom of betrayers. Save your own necks? The King did not act so differently than the rougish folk that stalk the ruins of the castle and it's watchtowers. 

Ogres and Perenolde's aged scumbag thieves ambushing whatever traveller decides the fast route through Alterac will be a better option than the Wildhammer secured passage into the Plaguelands. 

For years they skulk the ruins, waiting like spiders in snowy strands of silken thread, we just gave them something to expand on their catchment. Something that makes them crave more. Once a solider, once a thief and now - a monster. Welcome to Lawless Lane. 

Carmtan
Commander

Primordial Perversion (Un'goro Crater).

This world already houses our weapons. Round them up, break their will and make them better. This worlds dug it's own grave, be willing to do whatever it takes to pervert this natural environment and you have an arsenal of brutality. 

If you are looking for a story, turn away. You have only found it's terrible monsters that hide under your children's beds. The ones you sit around the campfire and share nightmarishly tall tales about. Those tales if anything, fall short. Those tales, are only part truth. The truth is horrible, the truth will kill you. Words? No, not words, but demonic dinosaurs. 

Carmtan
Commander

Fleeting Farmland (Westfall).

Eleven months and nineteen days. That is how long it had been. That is how long it had been since the green skies over our land receded and their couriers attention shifted elsewhere. I suppose being forgotten was to be expected, we always are. We are always the forgotten. 

Orcs. Climate. The Defias. The Shattering. The Legion were just another past threat on a long list of disaster. Each time we rebuild, each time we get a little help. Then the next disaster strikes us. Duskwood is looking to be a safer place to call home, atleast there my family only have to deal with Worgen and Undead. Though I suppose something drives me to stay here, to clear up the mess again. There is only so much I can put my wife and child through.. This is a tough choice. The world changes too quickly to go with it, left evident to me by the stench of the green fire, by the desecrated soil left in it's ashen wake. 

Carmtan
Commander

re: The Future of The Ashen Wake.

In simplicity. Old idea did not work, new idea is to be implemented. The story will now continue in a series of Spotlight Stories, singular events that shine a light on a specific zone, style of RP, culture and more. Now the idea is that the events leave behind a legacy of sorts after the event is over but other than that that story told in the event is over. So all of the stories listed as part of Ashen Wake are now going from two events and some random RP each to one spotlight event and a legacy being left behind to leave a wholesome experience. So Angry Arcane, Vengeance Valley, Winter's Ward, Smoldering Silk, Lawless Lane and now the adapted Dreadwake: Dentention Block will all become solo events that piece together an entire story but really feature as separate stories within their each zones e.g. Feralas, Borean Tundra etc.

But... Only 6 events for all of The Ashen Wake? Eh, no. See I can't make promises about when events will be or that they will be consistent but my time is steadily increasing on WoW again, especially as I may be getting my own PC at my irl mates house to play when I like. I also play WoW with all three of them that live there so it's all looking up. So all that considered spotlights are the best way to carry this on. I don't want there to only be 6 events though, I mean this story took 4 months to write - I don't want to blow all my material in 6 events. So I am adding more, hopefully covering all 26 letters of the alphabet. 

So I am going to announce one more story which I am very very very excited to run inside of the Ashen Wake which may help me kick start my own interest in running the events as consistently as I can. We have A, D, L, S, V and W covered already. Here is J: Jilted Jade. 

Jilted Jade (The Jade Forest).

Pang stared down at the churning sea, the foam smashing against the jagged rock had momentarily stolen his attention away from the racing cloud serpents in the thick black clouds above. A splatter of rain slapped his face, a smile still pinned to his cheeky well-fed Pandaren chops. 

The races. The members of the order adored this time, even if most races were daily - this one was special. The Summertide was the annual beginning of Summer at the Serpent Grounds. 

Crackle, crash. Forked lightning invaded the black clouds, the wind carrying with it more debris from broken green tea stalks and waxy jade colored leaves. 

Pang yet still beamed, but this was expected. Storm or no storm, his idol was up. Lee-Ha the Courageous atop the Cloud Serpent Teshka. She slid through the sky and made it up to the thirteenth suspended ring. Then with a heartwrenching feeling Pang watched as Teshka smashed into the edge of the ring, recoiled and fell from the sky passed his very eyes. 

Another flash of lightning illuminated the darkened skies, foul jilted jade eyes stalked the crackling air, for a brief moment Pang could see the perpetrator of the shocking event. For a brief moment he thought he saw a fully grown onyx serpent with fuming bleeding eyes. Its body seemed strained, distorted and the silhouette of a straw hat wearing Pandaren on it's back. His eyes the very same Jilted Jade. 

The Jade Forest has fallen victim to the Ashen Wake. 

Carmtan
Commander

Has the Ashen Wake paused? No. You see irl I spend a lot of time with my close knit group of friends (other friends too but mainly these guys) they helped me through a simple rough patch at the start of the year and genuinely I couldn't ask for better people to spend my time with. We are starting to play tabletop Dungeons and Dragons irl and if there is one thing I have spotted since looking up the playstyles of the tabletop game it's that individual experiences, the spotlighted interactions really bring you into the story, and together as friends.

So.. Why did I post this soppy stuff in my Ashen Wake post? Well as mentioned before in earlier posts there will actually be fairly few scheduled events in this story. Thats because the focus is going to be on smaller groups of people, and even individuals. Last week Praesag fought one of my Satyr teams with a Faerie Dragon and honestly I adored how well it turned out. It was really tough, I felt I was able to make use of the enemies more realistically and in the end it was rewarding. I believe Praesag felt the same put perhaps a tad less as it lasted a while and he was quite tired. 

So no the Ashen Wake is not paused, it's simply reeling people in one by one, or in small groups to give a greater level of satisfaction, to give people a more magical experience. You all have busy real lives, hell you know I do given me only being online a select few days a week (plus... Overwatch), but this is escapism you pay for. So my aim is to play into that, to give you an experience you will remember for years to come. 

You are following in the Legion's Ashen Wake. 

Carmtan
Commander

re: It's Still Going! + Cells: Part 2.

Story is still going, just felt it would be a welcome change to event event event with a bit of semi-organised RP outside of a calendar notification. As soon as the people are online for it at the same time as I am it will be epic. Carcia/+Ruwendia and Praesag. 

For now though an extra treat for waiting...

Cells: Part 2.

His name was soon known through the worlds the Legion conquered, lives to be interrogated for vital matters would beg for a different torturer. By no means were Horgrash's efforts a constant success, the will of some were too strong. Atleast for him a comforting thought despite his failure of retrieving information was that the subjects died from the ordeal, most commonly to bleeding to death for several days, skin peeling or making them choose the next family member to die - teasing with the thought that another would be released.

Horgrash did not want to disappoint his Legion masters, but he longed for the day he could torture freely not having to worry about 'this' vital string of words or 'that', he longed to torture for pure pleasure. He was a demon, he knew that - why would he pretend to be what he was not? So he didn't, he interrogated for his masters, but continued to torture for fun. 

Carmtan
Commander

re: Cells: Part 1.

It was a great honour to be a Jailer. To rise through the ranks to the point where torturing and the effectiveness of your skills in interrogation can land you no other place. Horgrash did not only aspire to be this, he believed he was destined for it.

We often think of destiny as being the talk of undecided heroes or sacrifices made by great people who were 'destined' to set down their life for others - but for a demon to speak of it's own destiny? The thought becomes that little bit more terrifying. If a hero who is destined for greatness can win a war, what does it mean for a Jailer? What did it mean for Horgrash? 

Carmtan
Commander

re: Caretaker Mendrel.

Here is an image of Caretaker Mendrel too:

Carmtan
Commander

re: Angry Arcane - Why did I Make This Story?

So Angry Arcane in my eyes was my hat tip to mage lore and hopefully by the end of it leaving more people wanting to bring in mage characters, pair them up with the storyline as Carcia and Ruwendia have done or start playing pre-existing mage characters. Mages are absolutely integral to many fantasies and Warcraft is no exception, from pure arcane to it's deviations we are going to see a whole lot more of it in Angry Arcane. 

Angry Arcane is going to explore the beauty, the usefulness and the chaos that can be brought from wielding magic and will actually showcase a few vanity/limited use items as genuine rewards ingame. This is an idea that has been toyed with for a long time but it always felt like what we meant was to give you this powerful weapon which wasen't powerful enough to be too mary-sue yet maybe had a one time use mechanism.. It just didn't work out. So in this story you won't be finding weapons you will be finding these nice vanity'limited use items as rewards for completing mini challenges I have set aside from the main flow of story. 

If you have a mage character and want to involve it in the story mark my words here - I will reward it. Maybe not with something physical but more with a genuine experience hopefully making you wish your time RPing within Angry Arcane would never end. We all have our own ideas of what an awesome magical battle or scene is like - and that is what I am trying to create here. I want you to experience your own awesome magical RP, and you have only just taken the first step into this story. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Fel Iron Cells All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: