Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khaedra1990

re: App: Khaedra1990

The application submitted by Khaedra1990 is as follows:

Quote:
In Character Questions (to your character):

What is your name?:
Khaedra

From which race do you hail?:
Worgen

How old are you?:

What qualities do you have that you feel will make you suitable as a member of the Wardens of Azeroth?*:
I have no problem with helping others, both in roleplay and non-roleplay aspects of the game. I try to stay polite all the time (not to mention I like to tell a lots of jokes, which aren't always funny;) ). Not to mention I love to roleplay. If there are people around me willing to RP - I can do it everyday!

Out of Character Questions (to you as the player):

How much roleplaying experience do you have? (None at all is acceptable if you are honest).:
I've got 2,5 years experience in WoW roleplay (Always roleplayed as Alliance - first as a night Elf druid, then Worgen).
Elder Scrolls Online was my second mmorpg where I have roleplayed (since launch)
Almost a year in Aion

Do you agree to the Guild's Roleplaying and Behavior Policy?:
Yes

By answering 'Yes' here, you have understood that the first four questions are to your character, and the last three to you as the player.:
Yes

What is your in-game character's name and realm? e.g. Elwood-Defias Brotherhood. :
Khaedra-Ravenholdt

Hey, Khaedra - thanks for applying! Nice to have another worgen to join the fray. The only thing we will need is for question 4 to be answered in-character . That being said I did like your OOC answer all the time . Bring in the dad jokes! I am at work a lot this weekend but will keep an eye out for your reply and In-character answer for the qualities question! 

I look forward to seeing you in RP. Thank you again, Carmtan 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Khaedra1990

re: In-character answer for question nr. 4

For the past 23 years my I've been honing my skills as a harvest witch. My mother, who was one, has led me through the path of Nature. At the beginning I've treated the lessons as a way of having fun. Being concentrated for long wasn't my trait. It is fun to make flowers bloom...to hear the whispers of the wind, right? Most of my duties were based on helping my mother and other witches with gathering flowers and other ingredients for healing concoctions and such.
Time was passing by. On my 18th birthday, all the witches have gathered to give me their blessing due to me entering the adulthood. Steping into the true path of harvest witch...
Gilneas, separated from the world by Greymane's Wall, was the only place I knew. I was always curious how it is like to live outside the wall. My parents scorned me for being too "curious". In their opinion, the outside world was full of dangers, sadness and evil. Gilneas was the place where I was born and where I will die. Get married. Have children...

My monotonous life was focused on fulfilling my duties as a harvest witch. The main goal of all witches was maintaining the fields, making sure the soil was fertile enough for plants to grow, therefore feed all the Gilneans. At some point I started to like it. Helping others started to make me smile. And that meant something...

Then the worst day of my life has come...

I was 25 years old. Terribly tired after a long day of work, I managed to crawl on my bed. My window was open. A blow of wind got into my room, then reached my ears.

"Havoc...Havoc is coming" I've heard. I was more than sure my mind is playing tricks on me. How wrong I was...

Screams. Shots. Slamming doors. Howls. That's what I've heard when I have opened my eyes, when both my mother and father ran into my room. My father removed the blanket from me, then pulled my hand, yelling at me to leave our house. I didn't have time to put clothes and shoes on. We simply ran into the streets. What I saw was beyond my understanding...

My neighbours were running around like headless chickens. When I looked up the roofs I saw them. Hairy, howling beasts. I thought I was still sleeping. Wanted to wake up. But this view was more than true. It was a nightmare. My father yelled at us to join other Gilneans. He was one of Greymane's trusted soldiers. The beasts started to jump down from the roofs. Killing everything what was alive in the line of their sight.
My mother grabbed my hand and we started to run towards the group of other Gilneans. Then suddenly one of them landed in front of us, saliva dripping down it's muzzle. I saw it raising paw ended with sharp claws. I let out a loud scream. And then...
I've felt my mother covering me with her own body. Her scream...I still can hear it in my nightmares...
The beast simply shred her entire back, making her bleed to death. Her eyes...she shed two tears while looking into mine. With the last breath , she expectorated: "Khae...run..."
I had no other choice. I freed myself from her grasp, then got up. While running for my life, I tried to resist the temptation of looking behind. My escape ended faster than it has started...
Something heavy grabbed my ankle. It was one of them. I felt down on paved road of my beloved city. The beast grabbed my shoulder, then turned around. I saw it's terrifying eyes, full of anger and hunger. I tried to kick it in it's stomach, then slowly crawl as far as I could on my back. The beast growled, then it's muzzle has reached my thigh. Holding it with it's claws, the hairy creature sinked it's fangs into it. The pain...I can't even describe it. I knew I was done for. It bit over my femoral artery...
Feeling the loss of my blood, I started to feel dizzy. The beast was howling above my body.

My blood...on it's muzzle...dizzy...a shot...the beast falling...two people standing above me...heard my name...darkness...

Woods. Scent of prey. Sense of belonging to something. A group? Pack? Then painful feeling of pressure in my right leg.

Where was I? Was I dead? Dreaming? Is that how afterlife feels like?

Then stocks. Sore wrists. Saw Greymane with Lord Crowley. And them...
Beasts in stocks. Like me. Howling. Whimpering. One of them got a bullet between it's eyes when trying to bite the Lord.
Greymane came to me, while Crowley was pointing his gun at me.

I growled. GROWLED. Why? What I have become? One...one of them.

King Greymane was holding a bottle with a liquid. Felt him warily opening my...mouth? Muzzle? Tasted bitter like hell...

I wanted to puke, bite his hand off, then puke again...But I couldn't.

Then I felt dizzy. Father...where is my father?...Gilneas...Light, please take me into your embrace...

Darkness has appeared again. This time I didn't feel any pain. Saw a small tunnel, full of light. And my mother at the end of it. She was smiling so widely, then said something I couldn't understand. Then I have realized one thing. It's not my time yet.

And then I have felt something soft under my body. I was in a bed. Heard whispers in a language I couldn't understand. One of the voices addressed me directly:
"Open your eyes. Open your eyes. Can you hear me?"
I did what the voice asked.
"Ishnu-alah, my child. You just broke out of death's grasp...Elune be praised..."
She wasn't a human. And definitely not a beast. Long ears, her face covered with a strange painting.
"Where...am I?" I asked.
The woman smiled warmly.
"In a place where you will find peace, balance and answers which you probably seek. Welcome to Darnassus..."

Carmtan
Commander

Well Khae - you certainly answered the question! Beautifully written and two things particularly stood out for me.

The first was how the writing picked up pace during the chase scene - well used descriptive words did truly immerse me in the ordeal Khae was put through. I have always loved this style of writing.

Second I usually am an outright hater of any relevance to known lore characters but.. I mean that is what was meant to happen in the story of the worgen, of being a worgen as a player. What I am saying there is it surprised me as I liked it, you kept it brief - non-personal interaction between you and the Gilnean lords.. yet personal in terms of the experience, the lingering memory and feelings Khae was put through at the time. You highlighted the correct parts of the story coming from the perspective of a roleplayer. Yes, you had this interaction with the Gilnean Lords but it was the same interaction as all others present there also received so the writing took a nice dive into the thoughts of the character. 

Lets get you interviewed and in the roster - i'll add you and we will try find a suitable time! Thank you again for applying and I look forward to RPing with you. 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Khaedra1990

re: In-character answer for question nr. 4

Thank you Carmtan for such nice words! I am really happy to see someone appreciating my writing :) I am looking forward to my interview! :)

I have 5 days off now so I will try find you online ASAP! 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild IC Notice Board