Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andir200
Unused

re: App: Andir200

The application submitted by Andir200 is as follows:

Quote:
In Character Questions (to your character):

What is your name?:
Yutala

From which race do you hail?:
Night Elf

How old are you?:

What qualities do you have that you feel will make you suitable as a member of the Wardens of Azeroth?*:
To the Wardens,

If I were to tell you that the majority of my life had been spent as a bear, would you avoid me, or even condemn me?

I have always been an outcast, from birth to this very day - a choice of life style that my parents decided upon, made sure of that. But what I lost in civilization, I gained in understanding of the wilderness. My parents and I used to trade with a settlement at the edge of our dense forest home - offering berries, pelts, hunted meats and herbs for helpful tools and the like. Despite who we were and where we came from, the people showed us kindness. In my mid-teens our usual trip was interrupted by monsters: creatures of green and blue skin and scales, who slithered through the innocent like maggots through a festering wound. They destroyed all they could touch. My parents tried to help, but they were caught up in the battle. Young and afraid I hid from them, as a bear within a hollowed tree. This choice saved my life, but left me alone in the world. Years I have spent maintaining my bear form, so much so that I am not used to being within my "true" body - so, sorry for my shaky hand writing...

But I have come to crave the connections I have lost, and now as an adult, perhaps I am ready to venture from my home forests in search of others. I wish to carry on the legacy of that now ruined town - and show kindness to all people. I can forage herbs and offer a warm curl of fur to anyone caught out in the open. I want to help and learn. In my early travels I have heard whispers of others who can help me, help others.
I hope whatever connection we form, it will be fruitful.
Yours, Yutala.

Out of Character Questions (to you as the player):

How much roleplaying experience do you have? (None at all is acceptable if you are honest).:
I have a long spanning history of RP, likely breaching 6 years now, if not more, with the majority housed within Star Wars: The Old Republic and at least one year within ESO.
However, I am COMPLETELY new to WoW, as both player and role-player, and I have literally 0 knowledge of the lore, or anything within the universe to be fair. My friend Szassus - I believe he also goes by Nesdore, Vemera and probably some others - suggested that your guild would be a great place to start RP and learn through RP. Because of this, I've tried to make my character as outcast-y as possible so that every RP session offers a fresh lesson.

Do you agree to the Guild's Roleplaying and Behavior Policy?:
Yes

By answering 'Yes' here, you have understood that the first four questions are to your character, and the last three to you as the player.:
Yes

What is your in-game character's name and realm? e.g. Elwood-Defias Brotherhood. :
Yutala // Ravenholdt

Karinia DuLey
Unused

re: APPROVED - App: Andir200 - by Carmtan

Thanks for the application, should try and get an officer onto this as soon as possible.

I'm no Night Elf expert myself but I believe the age is a bit off, most races tend to have their own aging conventions, while 20 is fine for humans I believe for Night Elves it's still a child. As I said, no expert myself so I couldn't give you a rundown of childhood etc.

Besides an arbitrary number under age though it looks very well written and I hope to see you soon. We'll get someone to look at this soon.

Hang in there.

Carmtan
Commander

re: APPROVED - App: Andir200 - by Carmtan

Heya, Yutala - as Kari said thanks for applying! Apologies for the late reply I have had longer shifts at work the past few days.

A well written application, I like your approach to learning through RP and the choice of coming out an outcast-type background. I look forward to seeing how your character's outcast background progresses into the RP. 

The age, as Kari said, is quite young for a roleplayed elf. It used to be that before the Illidan novel came out a few years ago that the viable age of Night Elves would be anything from a few centuries to well into the thousands. While that is still the safest choice the novel detailed that Night Elves -appear- mature anything from age 20 to ten thousand. As someone who is new to the Lore I'd go closer to one hundred if not several centuries old simply as you can look mature but you are still very much fresh out the womb in Night Elf society. 

Though one thing I do understand regarding your age is the younger they are the more viable the concept of being an outcast. I would however assure you that an outcast is also perfectly viable pushing into those older ages. 

I'll add you in game and arrange that interview as soon as possible 

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild IC Notice Board