Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Contests/Lotteries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carmtan
Commander

re: The Road to BfA - Week 2! 8/6/2018 - 14/6/2018

"Three Sisters" the new comic about Sylvanas, Alleria and Vereesa Windrunner aired in the past few days so this weeks Road to BfA lottery is about the troubled Windrunner family. Given this comic is a link to Battle for Azeroth, without known spoilers, what do you hope to or expect to happen to <insert Windrunner Sister(s) name here> in the next expansion? Again only a single short paragraph is needed to enter but go as detailed as you like. This time the reward is a precious, simple looking but unique bow modelled 'Monolithic Bow' which can only drop on a below 1% chance from selected creatures in Uldaman. 

It isn't a lottery this time. I am looking for signs of plausibility, past Lore knowledge and some genuine thought jerkers. I'll choose the winner Thursday the 14th at 23:59!

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Karinia DuLey
Unused

I see some good potential down the line for the Windrunners, I like the idea of Alleria's relationship with Turalyon struggling as she does less moral things whilst trying to hide it. But in BfA I think the focus should be on Sylvanas and Vareesa. This isn't bound to them interacting. While I understand Vareesa is secondary character, she can interact with Jaina and other Kul Tiran's well enough. I found her the best bit of the comic because she felt the most genuine to me, even if the all-knowing internet did not.

Isadore Keaton
Unused

Alright, thoughts on the Windrunner sisters:

Sylvanas seems as cold and calculating as we know her, not really displaying any facets new to me. However, it does seem like she changed her mind about the fate of her sisters. It could be due to the strengthened capabilities of the two other Windrunners, but I'd like to believe that Vereesas apology made her change her mind. She'll still betray them, but more specifically betray their trust in the attempts to persuade them. Of course, that is assuming her plan was to either capture or kill them when that signal was given. It becomes clear, through the three lies game, that she had no scruples concerning the ambush on her sisters. I struggle to determine whether she's ashamed to be Warchief or misses mortality at times, betting on the latter.

Alleria was interesting as well, not being as naive as her younger sister. She seems rather ambivalent regarding Sylvanas, but none the less met up like the others. Her relationship with Turalyon is interesting too, given they each manifest primordial forces bound to oppose one another. My favourite part about her is the void whispers, enhancing what I assume she already has doubts about. She seems quite capable of resisting but confesses how she doesn't consider them a gift. In the spirit of interpretation, I think she knows their strength and wavers in the belief that she could resist them in her weaker hours.

Vereesa is pretty sweet. Her love for her two boys shows a kind spirit within her and I believe she is one of the reasons the sisters haven't broken their ties completely. She sounds quite willing to let go of the past, although Sylvanas ain't so keen on that. This might be caused by the loss of Rhonin and the subsequent need to fill that gap. As mentioned in the first paragraph, her apology might be the sole reason that those agents of Sylvanas were kept at bay. We also discover how it was her plan to poison Garrosh Hellscream, giving her a much more faceted personality as she couldn't carry through with it.

If I were to guess at the future, I'd bet on Sylvanas managing to persuade the sister or perhaps just Vereesa. Sylvanas would want to keep them alive and try to make them switch faction, bolstering her ranks and keeping her sisters alive in the coming war. My last guess depends on Alleria switching sides, but I could imagine the void taking control of her and perhaps forcing her to follow their command. This could mean a new Warchief, but it would hardly be fitting with Alleria as such.
This is all just guesswork, but I'm excited to watch this tense relationship unfold in the lore of the future expansion. Hopefully, we'll encounter Vereesa more and keep seeing Alleria as a quest-giver/major agent.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Contests/Lotteries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: