Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Contests/Lotteries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carmtan
Commander

re: The Road to BfA - Week 1! 1/6/2018 - 7/6/2018.

I'm looking to get some guild hype up for the upcoming expansion - Battle for Azeroth! So I want to run a new contest/lottery/competition every week running up to the big day! There are prizes to be won too!

So week 1! This week will be a lottery. What I am looking for is a paragraph or more on what you are most looking forward to RP-wise about Battle for Azeroth! Post below and you will be entered into the lottery to win either a 'Lost Mail' the semi-rare item that allows you to participate in the Postmaster's Minigame in Dalaran through a series of entertaining quests or it's AH worth of 8000g. 

The 'Lost Mail' grants access to three achievements. One will get you the Mailemental pet, one will get you a toy that summons an NPC who gives you access to your mail and the other is the Postmaster's title. Already got it? You'll either get the item if you still wish for it or 8000g. Best of luck! Maximum number of entries - 1!

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Karinia DuLey
Unused

For me, it's a change of pace. Kul Tiras is not that magical or amazingly powerful, but it has simple people that need help from people like the Wardens. This pace includes politics and diplomacy, something that can be hard to generate in RP without the right new environment, such as villages and towns as opposed to large factions and cities.

Mashira
Ambassador

I'm looking forward to new environments. Karinia has mentioned that there is a new swamp-like area - Nazmir, all the salt marshes and jungle. Then there is Voldun, the first desert area we have had added to the game since Uldum (oh and it has Trolls too. Uldum with extra Trolls. Yes please). Drustvar, which looks very Duskwood-like, which I know Mordoth will love. And so much more. Pirate coves, witches huts, ZANDILAR (pardon me), Boralus, farmlands, the Gilnean architecture.

While I love the zones in game so far, I think that what we're getting is a great addition. If I want an event in a swamp, I'm no longer restricted to that small area in Gilneas, the little swamp on the coast of Highmountain or the Swamp of Sorrows. In that regard, I think Nazmir is going to be a zone I'll focus on for stories if possible!

It's exciting to think of what stories to run in these areas and to see how people's characters adapt and change to the new landscapes, factions, my copious amount of Troll-themed stories and new NPCs.

Gouth/Thandrel
Warden

I don't know really, it's kind of hard to describe how I'm feeling about it all, but I can try.

I am most certainly looking forward to the new zones being brought out with the expansion, in addition to the possibilities for RP and Events that both Aiv and Kari have mentioned above, however I'm looking forward to a bit more than that in general. While I do believe the new zones bring a lot to the table RP wise, bringing a more rustic, murky and outlandish field to this new land of people needing the Wardens help, I believe for me at least that the perspective needs to be widened.

So, by this I'm talking about the changes to the already existing zones through phasing and to this extent, the connotations of the various story lines that may happen through BFA's story within both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Warfronts, The Battle of Lordaeron, Teldrassil and more, but all of this? These events may change some characters lives for better, but or worse? Will Teldrassil break the spirits of our Night Elves and cause them to seek retribution, making them akin to their former selves before joining with the Alliance? Will Soren ever be able to set foot in Stromgarde again without aggroing a level 30 odd Ogre, or even an enemy Horde player? I could go on all day.

While I am without a doubt looking forward to seeing the Wardens helping out Mr Slim Marty McMatthewson the dancing fisherman in the swamps of whatever the zone is called(The super swampy one, name escapes me + still dodging zone spoilers), I believe that the adverse effects of this new World War that has been brewing for the last several expansions will come to fruition. Overall though, I'm looking forward to how the world and people will change, when subjected to a war of this calibre and scale, fuelled by Azurite.

Carmtan
Commander

Congratulations, Thandreth! Winner of either 8k or the Lost Mail quest starter! Thank you all for your posts, I genuinely felt they were all worthy of the winning prize!

Azeroth is but one small world in a vast universe, a realm filled with potent magics and mighty beings. Since the dawn of time, these forces have influenced Azeroth and the surrounding cosmos, setting the stars in motion and shaping the destiny of countless worlds and mortal civilizations. - Chronicle Volume 1: Cosmology
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> Contests/Lotteries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: