Latest Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online
Server Status

Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mashira
Ambassador

re: How much should a DM Roleplay in their own events?

I was thinking the other day about two of my recent events, part 5 and part 7 of the Lycanthoth Lure story line. In both of these, my characters (Sike in part 5 and Mashira in part 7) made actions that affected the story. While I was not intentionally pushing the story in any direction, and rolling for attacks and defences as normal, I would like to ask:

How much should a DM Roleplay in their own events?

For those of you that were in my events where Sike was attacked by a doppelganger and Mashira was almost corrupted by Mordoth - how do you think I handled that? Was there too much focus on my own characters? Did it seem off, in any way?

While I can not judge how well I handle this area of DMing myself, I would like to mention my observations:

- Karinia, with many of his characters, does a very good job at taking an observing position, something that does not effect the players much, but puts forwards the idea that the character in question is still at hand.

- Mordoth has instead come to the events as NPC characters, such as Caleb in his Langstrom story line. Caleb was a nice inclusion, and if the character made any actions that affected the story, it would feel similar to any other NPC, except instead of a marker, we had the character there, before us.

So, do you think a DM should just be able to RP as usual? Maybe they shouldn't interact at all? Or perhaps they should, but within some guidelines?

Thank you for reading my little post. I would love to hear your opinions and ideas on the matter.

"Okay, rally caps. Personal life? Not strong. But I did beat up a HYDRA tentacle-monster-robot-thingie. So I got that going for me. Maybe I am getting the hang of this super-hero stuff. Sure my powers are a bit off, and I got into a fight in a sewer, but I'm totally--

It's right behind me, isn't it?" - Silk Volume 0
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardens of Azeroth Forum Index -> The Venture Co. Community (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild IC Notice Board